Common Problems in Atlanta, GA
At Patel & Womble Orthodontics, board-certified orthodontists Dr. Ruchir R. Patel and Dr. Brian A. Womble strive to help their patients address common problems that can be addressed during treatment. Both of our McDonough and Norcross offices are open six days a week to answer any questions or concerns that you may need to ask us.
Here are some of the most common problems that may need to be addressed during your orthodontic therapy:
- Thumb Sucking: Prolonged thumb sucking can cause significant misalignment of the teeth and impact proper jaw development. It can even cause problems that extend into adulthood, such as tongue thrusting, open bites, crossbites, and overjets.
- Underbite: When the lower jaw is larger than the upper jaw, it can cause the lower front teeth to extend past or overlap the upper front teeth.
- Gaps or Wide Spaces: Size of the teeth, jaws, and even genetics can create disharmony in regard to tooth spacing, causing large gaps in certain areas.
- Protruded, “Jetted Out” Front Teeth: An overjet is caused when the front teeth protrude too far forward. It may be caused by a habit such as tongue thrusting or prolonged thumb sucking.
- Crowding: A common problem addressed with braces for adults. Crowding is caused by inadequate space in the jaw for teeth to erupt in proper alignment. It may also be caused by changes in dentition patterns, such as loss of teeth.
- Crossbites: When one jaw is too narrow or wide, causing the upper and lower teeth to be placed too far inward or outward when they are biting together, requiring the jaw to move sideways to achieve contact.
- Overbites: Excessive vertical overlap of the front teeth due to jaw misalignment.
- Open Bites: Disharmony of the jaw, where some teeth (front or back) do not come into biting contact with other teeth when the jaws are fully closed against one another.
- Midline Discrepancies: If your upper and lower jaw are misaligned, the midline between your front teeth may not match, which can impact jaw and tooth function.
Call Us Anytime. We’re Open on Saturdays
Our McDonough and Norcross orthodontic offices are open six days a week, so you can even call board-certified orthodontists Dr. Ruchir R. Patel or Dr. Brian A. Womble if you have a common problem on Saturdays. Patel & Womble Orthodontics makes it easy for our Atlanta patients to enjoy comfortable, attentive care close to home. Contact us today!
Find A Location
McDonough, GA 30253