Invisalign® vs. Braces in Atlanta, GA
Are you comparing Invisalign® to braces when it comes to straightening your smile? Patel & Womble Orthodontics near Atlanta offers both metal braces and Invisalign® at our Norcross and McDonough, GA orthodontic offices. Board-certified orthodontists Dr. Ruchir R. Patel and Dr. Brian A. Womble can help you decide which one is right for you or your teen’s smile!
Getting Straight to the Basics: Braces vs. Invisalign®
Both Invisalign® and traditional braces are efficient at straightening your teeth, improving your bite and boosting your smile’s appearance. Although traditional braces have been used for decades, Invisalign® came into mainstream dentistry in 2000.
Conventional and ceramic braces use a series of brackets and wires that are attached to your teeth to move them into place. Metal braces are more noticeable than ceramic braces, but both impact the way you care for your teeth during treatment.
On the other hand, Invisalign® braces and Invisalign® Teen use a series of smooth, removable plastic aligners. Not only does this allow your treatment to be “invisible,” but it’s also usually more comfortable due to the smooth contour against your smile.
Which is better? Braces or Invisalign®?
When Invisalign® was first developed, it was thought to not be as efficient as traditional braces. That’s not the case anymore. With the advancement of digital impressions and 3D cone beam scanning technology, our Atlanta orthodontists can correct just about any tooth misalignment with Invisalign® that they can with traditional braces.
Advantages of Invisalign®
Your Invisalign® braces are:
- Removable, making it easy to brush and floss your teeth
- Never in the way of eating your favorite foods
- Clear and invisible to other people
- Smooth, for a more comfortable fit
- Convenient, because no adjustments are needed
- Worn 22 hours a day
- Easily cleaned
- Require fewer, less frequent appointments
Not Ideal For:
- Losing the aligners
- Having to remember to put your aligners back in after meals
- Not being able to drink anything except water when wearing your aligners
Advantages of Braces
Traditional braces are:
- Ideal for correcting very complex tooth misalignment
- More efficient in vertical tooth movement
- Bonded to your teeth, so you never have to worry about removing or misplacing your braces
Not Ideal For:
- Irritation during recreational activities, such as sports or playing instruments
- Strict dietary limitations
- Broken brackets or wires
- Irritation to your lips and cheeks
- Require additional oral hygiene steps
Invisalign® and traditional braces work for both braces for adults and braces or teens. With competitive pricing and effectiveness, deciding between Invisalign® vs. Braces is a personal decision that you will have to make with your Atlanta orthodontist.
Invisalign® vs. Braces: Which One is Right for You
Deciding between Invisalign® and braces is easy, thanks to the board-certified orthodontists at Patel & Womble Orthodontics in Norcross and McDonough, GA. Dr. Ruchir R. Patel and Dr. Brian A. Womble can discuss the benefits of each type of braces and how they will impact your unique smile. Plus, we offer affordable payment plans to help braces fit into your budget. Contact us today to get started.